Championship Ranking System
Contest system includes the following categories:
Rules for definition of the category:
In the cases when the performances of a group are only from one and the same category – the category is clearly determinable. In the cases when the performances of a group contain elements from more than one category – the leader of the group declares to the jury and the organizer of the event the category for participation.
- Group 1: Children and Youth – to 18 years;
- Group 2: Adults – over 18 years;
Rules for definition of age category
The age category is defined in regard of the participants in the group.
Every group can include participants from the other age group but not more than 30% of the overall group.
Obligatory criteria for evaluation of the performances:
- Level of complexity and technique of performance
- Vision /costumes, properties, staging, selection of repertoire/
- Stage manners /behavior on stage, gestures, contact with the audience, spirit emanation, artistry/
Despite the specified obligatory criteria, the organizers and the jury of every authorized by WAFF competition can add more on their judgment. The specified obligatory have to be conclusive for the final ranking, i.e. their weight in the final rating have to be over 50%
In the first round the performers present works with duration specified by the organizer in one or several concerts.
After the end of the first round the jury makes a decision for the ranking, the winners and the holders of diplomas and awards from the competition and grants special prizes:
- Winner (gold, silver and bronze diploma (medals) in the categories)
- The special award of the jury
- Diploma for participation
Second round – Grand Prix competition
Only winners with Gold and Silver diplomas (medals) can pass into second round (or with the decision of the jury). By the results from the second round the best group will be awarded with Grand Prix of the Championship / festival.
After the receiving of the scores of the jury, every group is ranked in the corresponding category
Rules for attaining of points for World rank list
All of the groups registered in the world rank list receive fixed number of points for all of their performances in an authorized by WAFF competition, regardless of the their rank in it.
In regard of the rank of the competition and the ranking by categories to 3rd place and in regard to the final ranking the groups/performers, which are registered in the world rank list receive actualization of their position in the rank list.
The points received with ranking in the different by rank authorized competitions are summarized.
The points are valid for – 3 calendar year.
Ranks of the different festivals/competitions/championships and distribution of points for the World rank list
In regard of the geographic coverage and the importance of the competition according the criteria of WAFF, they are separated to the specified types, as the rates of the specified competitions at determination of the points of the world rank list are:
- Local festival with competitive character, championship – over 80% of the participating groups are from one region and from one nationality; not authorized by WAFF for higher category - 1
- National championship – over 80% of the participating groups are from one nationality; authorized by WAFF for single official national championship. - 2
- Regional championship – over 20% of the participating groups are from countries different from the host. In regard of the nationalities of the participating groups WAFF defines the categories “Regional” and “International”. 3
- International festival with competitive character – over 20% of the participating groups are from countries different from the host. - 3
- Continental championship – over 80% of the participating groups are from nationalities from the same continent; authorized by WAFF for single official continental championship. - 4
- World championship – authorized by WAFF for single official world championship. - 6
Points for participation
Points by category
Points for final ranking
Second round – Grand Prix competition
RFS - 50
Next: - 2
RFS - 100
Next: - 4
Regional / International /
World Cup of Folklore™
RFS - 150
Next: - 6
RFS - 200
Next: - 8
RFS - 300
Next: - 12
World rank list for folklore WRLF
The world rank list is active and is updated after receiving of information from authorized Championship/festival.
World rank list for folklore – The World rank list for folklore forms by points scored by the groups registered in the list. The World rank list for folklore is the total ranking and the place regardless.
World rank list for folklore by categories - The World rank list for folklore is also separate rank lists by categories.
Rank list by the following categories:
*i individual performers and duets by all categories except E,F,H;
*1 by all categories there is also ranking of children and young people up to 18 years. /in children's and youth groups can participate up to 30% of participants from different age /
*2 by all categories there is ranking adults people up 18 years.
World rank list for folklore by countries – World rank list for folklore is also separate rank lists by years and countries.
WAFF issues electronic certificates to the registered groups in World rank list for folklore by date, overall ranking, ranking by category, ranking by country.
The registration of the groups is made on the official page of WAFF by the groups or by the authorized by WAFF Championships and festivals with competitive character or non competitive character.
After the registration the group attains unique number and account in the official website of WAFF.